Sunday, January 22, 2017

VINTAGE GRUNGE and RUST


Hi there my friends 
here I am again showcasing an art journal page with you .
I have my mojo back and I had such fun with this piece .

I love old Vintage photographs and I found this one 
of an old rusty car full of memories and intrigue ..

I wonder what this car would say if it could talk ??


GRUNGE ART JOURNAL PAGE 

MY BACKGROUND IS CREATED WITH 
texture paste, fabric and ink ..
no particular technique just splash it on and have a play with the palette knife  


Dusty Attic chipboard layered, inked with Tim Holtz inks
black soot, weathered wood, ripe persimmon and rusty hinge ..

 and finally I applied glossy accents . 








thanks so much for looking at my blog 
have a play with your texture paste and inks and see what 
you come up with 
it is fun .
big hugz and love to you all
bye for now and see you all again soon xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Hi Heather...looks like you had fun with all the goodies. A real guy page...love the Dusty Attic chips...as always great work of art! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you back in action Heather, love the grungy, rusty colour choices in this piece, perfect for that photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh this really pops from the page.... loving that bit of material/thread in there & all the 'rusted up' elements. Looks wonderful. So glad you're back scrapping:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is stunning.. really love how you have achieved such rustic charm and aged appearance of the chippies.. fantastic layering too.. and that ol truck is probably saying... that was fun. lets do it all again!! hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Lots of grungy rusty goodness! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors and the textures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing - and it doesn't matter if it's a grungy or maritime layout - i love how you put all the pictures in its true light. Your layouts, cards or journal pages are a feast for the eyes

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an amazing Page, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Está maravilhoso. Parabéns pelo trabalho!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous Art Journal you must have Heather! This is wonderful - the photo, colours, texture. (I'm SO happy you feel ready to scrap again, I missed you so much). xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply amazing Heather!!! You have such an eye for colour and texture and always mix exactly the right ingredients to create the perfect layers. Fantastic photo brilliantly showcased!! big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this looks amazing! You do grungy so very well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW this is just amazing and I love the colours ... that photo just blends so seamlessly into the canvas. It is perfect!. Everything you touch turns to gold. I just don't love mixed media :( I think I am scared of it :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rusty and dusty - a magical combo when in the hands of a maestro! Fantastic Art Heather. The photo is enhanced by all the colour and texture choices and yet remains the central focal point. Thanks for the inspiration. I finally got onto your blog. Often when I click the link from FB, it tells me the blog is not available at the moment, then when I try to get in via blogger it does the same. Gremlins again I guess, but today, not a problem.

    ReplyDelete